Monday, November 10, 2008

Amanda!

I just finished the initial scan and edit of Amanda, my latest pencil sketch. She gave me more than a little trouble with getting her scanned in, but I guess I can't really blame her. I drew her on cheap paper that has humidity damage at the top - I didn't notice the extent of that until now - so the paper was wrinkled and extremely hard to scan properly.


But in the end that was a good thing, as she gave me an incentive to go buy quality sketch paper. I figure now that I've fallen back in love with sketching, I should actually work with tools of reasonable quality!


I'm going to experiment with digital color on Amanda, but regardless of what I decide there I will have prints made up of the original BW version of her. Personally I love pencil sketches just as they are, but my husband thinks color might add interest, so I'm willing to give it a try.


For now, here's a peek at her!

No comments:

Post a Comment