Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's Etsy-Love at First Sight

So, I'm going to start a regular series of posts devoted to the things on Etsy that I've fallen in love with, even in the short amount of time I've been an Etsy member. This will be a weekly event here on my blog, although to be honest it could easily be daily, as there are so many marvelous things on Etsy to fall in love with!

I'm starting with a necklace that I decided will be either a Christmas gift to myself (if I can afford it), or an incentive for me for selling X number of items (X is yet to be determined, and changes depending on my mood). For those who don't know me, I'm very picky about necklaces. It must be beautiful but not typical, graceful but not delicate, simple but not boring, and practical enough to wear every day. Silver is my metal of choice (platinum is actually my metal of choice but usually not in my price range). And I want unique. Which is why it always takes me a very long time to find a necklace I love, but when I DO find one, I tend to wear it all the time.

Enter this lovely piece, called the NestEgg Necklace, from allthosethrees (I even love the seller name!):




That little cutie peeking out the top of the silver is a vintage pearl - my birthstone! These are handmade, and I'm just humbled by the quality of craftmanship that must go into making them. I love, love, love this piece. Find this necklace and more at http://allthosethrees.etsy.com .






No comments:

Post a Comment